Sunday, December 21, 2008

This is how it feels after you completed your first run with Nike+

Bard spoiled me. Sangat-sangat ok.

Last Thursday and Friday few packages arrived. What's inside the packages? iPod Nano plus its ancillaries! Just on 16th Dec I received texts from The Lady about Sony's mp3/4 player (to be exact model NWZ-A728). Then on 17th Dec, Bard's email came in telling me about this iPod Nano he bought to replace my ever ill Zen (its condition worsened everyday now!). To make things even more interesting, he also bought me Nike+iPod, the very thing I wish to have amongst my other birthday wishlists (yang mana hampir kesemuanya telah complete ihsan kawan-kawan I yang baik hati heehee). Me likey alotsz! Love you so much sayang! Thanks so very much :)

So yeah after the long stall, I finally did it. I completed my first outdoor run today, hooray! With Nike+iPod of course ;). The feeling? AWESOME! I always perceive myself as a short distance runner. When I was back in my secondary school years, I represented my school for 200m and 400m only. I was not even one of the best runners in school to tell you the truth. 1500m was an agony, not to mention Rentas Desa (or cross country lah). But I love outdoor run. I think it's the healthiest sport ever. I love to train. Those days when we trained for the school team was the best days I had. Permitted to dedicate half day of school at the field running to maintain fitness level (hakikatnya suka ponteng sekolah separuh hari ye), then train again in the afternoons till late evenings, and not to mention being fed with different and better meals compared to other kids at school too. It was all good and I loved every second of it. I stopped running when I was in UM. I'm a lazy person. So no motivation, no run lah. I have always been thin anyway so I never bother to exercise then, haa-haa (go ahead and hate me :p).

Being able to outdoor run again after stopping so long was such a refreshing experience. I woke up early on Sunday morning (for the first time) and ran at 7.30am. I fumbled with the gadget first, naturally. This is after all my virgin Nike+ experience. I walked for 0.44km for 6'04" before I finally started my real run. Because my motivation has always been distance, I set my goal at 2.50km for my first run. I wanted to be easy as this is my first run. Buat yo-yo nanti terkehel kaki pulak, sapa nak buat launch BODYJAM 47 next week? Chooooiiiiiiiii....*touch wood*

For personal coach, I chose male's voice first then changed to female's voice because the guy's voice is not so, errrrr, motivating. Heehee. I completed my 2.50km in 14'51", which was quite a surprise because I normally completed 2.50km in 30minutes on FF's treaddie. So I suppose Bard is right. He believes that we can actually run further distance on ground compared to distance as per recorded on treadmill's display screen. After walking for about 2 mins to condition myself, I resumed my run home for another 0.83km, totalling 3.33km and 19'34" timeframe. Average pace = 5'5"/km.

Not bad for a rusty runner right?

;)


No comments: