Saturday, February 21, 2009

PGLTM...so I watched it :)

Best ke PGLTM?

Best lah! Amende la korang nie. But, being a person who likes to complaint and nag (I'm a mother, it's a generic trait) there a few things I'd like to share and errr, comment (not comment, SAY) about the show:

1. Laksamana Hang Tuah: Gemuk sangat la uols. Aku tak suka tengok baju Melayu dia yang sendat gila tuh. Aiseh.. His voice no doubt meletop. Flawless singing technic. But please, as a leading actor you must take care of your appearance, especially your ehem, physique. I don't care if all his fanatics spit their venom angrily at me now, but honestly? Stephen Rahman-Hughes, you really gotta work out that buncit tummy of yours man :p

2. Gusti Putri Raden Adjeng Retno Dumillah: Also out of shape. She is extemely pretty but the body, aiseh looks out of shape and sorry- old. Her face is her most outstanding feature, the best asset. Tiara used to look fitter before. How come she doesn't look fit this time around? Her voice is so-so, sometimes there were few off key moments but those were bearable and forgivable. She could've done better and sorry again, I think Gusti Putri would've been awesome if it's give to a new fresh talent that can really sing. This is Musical darling, you gotta have the voice to be in it.

3. Bayan - SUPERB SUPERB SUPERB. What else can I say? The best supporting cast! Ida Mariana really is a musical theatre material. Her voice, her acting, herself as Bayan - I was really impressed! And I still am :)

4. Sultan Mahmud Melaka - SUPERB as expected. But then, Adlin's a theatre guy :). Love the Broadway-style dance bro! Supermodelsz, ha ha ha.

5. Gusti Adipati Hindaya Ningrat - AC did a good job in PGLTM 3. I expected more of him actually. Based on those who has watched all seasons, they said AC Mizal's top form performance as Gusti Adipati was in PGLTM 2. He's scarier then, they said. But it's what they said lah. I'm happy with his performance. Could've been better though methinks.

6. Props & stage setup: Brilliant! Full mark ie 100% aku bagi!

7. Sound system & lighting: Sangat hebat! 100% sekali lagi okeh!

8. Dancers / Ensembles: OMG! SUPERWOW!! :D I must say that I think given proper training and practice sessions, any of the girls can take on Gusti Putri's character from Tiara, anytime. They are younger, much more energetic, they dance extremely gorgeous and all them can SING! They are all pretty young things I tell you. And the guys are quite impressive too. However, I think the ladies won most of audiences' hearts that night. They are simply adorable! *kudos to Kembar Goblok yang sangat lucu dan comel tu!*

9. Music arrangement: Nice to ears. Tak ada yang sumbang. But I have to agree with Rizal, I was waiting for that goosebump moments actually, when I was listening to the music that is. I waited and listened and tried to 'feel' it but no goosebump yo. It's nice and easy to the ears, very appropriate but not magical enough. I don't say it sounds bad. It's just lack of magical element, that's all.

10. Favourite scene: When Gusti Putri waited Laksamana Hang Tuah at Gunung Ledang peak, the moment she realized that there's no way Hang Tuah's able to see her again for that last time and she broke into that painful silent cry. THAT WAS THE MOMENT Y'ALL. THAT'S THE SCENE I'm talking about. It's the most powerful scene and a moment worth remembering. There was no music, not even a sob heard. That was really heartbreaking. I still can feel how that knot formed in my throat and how my chest suddenly felt so heavy. I think that's the most brilliat scene and the most brilliant acting by Tiara :)


Well, other than that; I'm one of hundreds (maybe thousands?) very satisfied PGLTM 3 audience. Aku siap bagi standing ovation tau, rasa macam Academy Awards sangat masa memberi standing ovation tuh. Hahaha.

Next stop: P.Ramlee the Musical :D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Juwita!It's Mindy here...yes i'm back!Was in yr friendster b4 but closed my friendster account.So,you've watched PGL?One of my dance friend who's involved in the production told me that the leading lady's either late or doesn't turn up for rehersals!That probably explains her "unfit" body and stamina!hehe...

ladynina said...

i have watched PGLTM 4 kali masa 1st season. SUPERB !!!!!!!! and yes, the last part on the mountain is really2 touching and goosebumping. =)

zarrien08 said...

I was there too on that day.. Pak Lah pun ada kan?! hehe.. :)
yeah.. I really like Gusti Adipati Hindaya Ningrat (AC Mizal). So the menakutkan yer wataknyer huhu..

Anonymous said...

i watched the very first installation of PGL and after the performance, rasa macam a bit pathetic sbb i had no one at that time.

have to admit that hang tuah is FAT! and tiara dah berisi sket. they were fit last time. mungkin hang tuah n gusti putri indulged in sinful food sbb broken hearted kot.

and ida mariana IS good. watched her sing in alexis last time and cant argue more. but the last time i watched, its the indian lady (didnt pay much attention to her name but she does have good voice too)

adlin n AC takyah cakap la kaaan... mmg meletopz! even masa intro to cast pun they received the loud applause.

but how come i rasa suara tiara masa performance lagi better dari soundtrack dia ek?