Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ode To My Ladyboss

I am a busy bee. I'd like to think so at least. That I'm as busy as bee lately.

I haven't updated my blog for a duration that seemed like forever. I just didn't manage to find the time. Note the word : MANAGE. It's a powerful word mind you. Know how to use this well and you can do so much more in your 24-God-given-hours time frame. I know my time management sucks big time. I am trying to improve myself now. Try to make full use of every second of the day as best as possible :)

So what's up with me lately? After the roller-coster emotional ride during my third (or shall I say fourth?) pregnancy, life seems to be pretty smooth and easy for me Alhamdullilah. All the signs and symptoms of GBS infection were watched for, but thankgoodness, so far my little angel is GBS-free, healthy and growing well. Layla is already three months old, physically active and playful, not collic, progressing as expected and really really loves to smile. She is fully breastfed and easily contented. Not a fussy baby she is. I am a biased mommy so yeah, I think my cutie pie is the loveliest angel on earth and the greatest gift from God to our family.

I am now, as some of you here might already know, on my study leave. So basically, you can say that I'm a fulltime housewife-cum-student at the moment. I do enjoy my life right now. This is waht I've been looking to do since last 2-3 years. I always think that I took the wrong course for my undergraduate studies. I always believe that I am in the wrong career doing things that I don't enjoy so much. Things started to be less bleak when I was assigned to a different immediate boss in the organisation I serve currently. She guided me to be a better professional staff. She cultivated  new values and positive culture in me. I realized since I was young that I'm not a stupid person. At times, I may be strangely brilliant (I say strangely because these so-called brilliant times are rare to happen, haha). But I had no fire in my belly. I had no ambitious goals to reach. I was a simple woman needing no extravagant accomplishments in life. I was boring.

Well, I think I still am boring till today anyway :)

So this ladyboss of mine, whether she did it on purpose or sub-consiously, she made a humongous impact in my life. I am much a responsible person now. I catalyzed few ideas and produced few inventions in the office. I value time. I value knowledge. I was a person who hid at the corner and never voice out my opinion. I am not that person anymore now. I was the one who always think changes equivalent to troublesome. Now, I view changes as an opportunity to learn something new and add more value to personal skills. I never realized that I have assertive personality in me before. With the opportunity she gave me, I was able to discover and polish some of the qualities that I never thought I ever had.

My ladyboss also has the talent of putting the right people into appropriate places that make these people grow tremendously. Grow in this sense is to realize their true potential, skills or interest and so they want to develop their potential, skills or interest to a higher and mature level. I was absorbed in a web team and in a cost study team for instance. I was crazy about the web portal and made numerous visible changes in its contents. I was crazy about the cost study that somehow it leads me to project management interests. I could've neglected the portal project cause I don't have the expertise to manage it. But I somehow got hooked on it. I could've withdrawn myself from being absorbed in the cost study team. But I didn't because I was really interested to do the study just for the sake of getting data straight for company usage. Without her 'push', I think I will still be happily hidden somewhere in that corner sitting quietly.

Because of her too, I finally get that fire burning in my belly. I want to be somebody that is different from what I am today. I don't want to be just a person with one dimension of knowledge in her life. I want to keep up with the changes around me. I don't want to be just another officer with one degree in her possesion. I realized that it is still not too late for me to do what I want to do. I want to expand my knowledge qualifications and broaden my educational horizon.

With some luck, I managed to enrol in a postgraduate study program in University of Malaya. Class started in July 2010 and so far I do fine. I owe my billion thanks to my ladyboss for where I am today. Thanks so much boss. You have no idea what an inspiration you've given to us all..

Till then, see you all in next entry. Adios.

2 comments:

Khairil said...

Salam,

Subhan'Allah, I didn't know that you're currently pursuing postgrad study at UM. Seriously I thought you're still on maternity leave. Best of luck with your studies. I'm SO JEALOUS :D . Musti best jadi student balik...

Sleeperzzzz said...

Khairil: Haiyo. No need to jealous la ok. You dah masuk tahap pHD dah. I masih terkial-kial nak buat masters. Hee hee. Thanks for your best wishes. So far I'm coping good. Stay in touch ya.