Wednesday, May 31, 2006

First Day At Work

I would have been better off at home than wasting my time here in the office now:-(. I arrived 15 minutes late, thanks to Dya (Nadia's nickname) and Amsyhar. Both were crying when I was about to leave home. Dya was panicked when she saw me in my office attire and started to cry as soon as I told her that I have to go to work this morning. I managed to calm her down and thought I could go to work in peace. But then, the baby started to squirm and squeal and when Dya heard her brother's cry, SHE started to cry too. Hoihh... What a great way to start my day. After about 5 minutes, I managed to calm both of them down; soother for the baby, and Disney Channel for Dya. It was 7.20am when I left home. Since today is my first day at work after the 60-day 'holiday', my mom offered to help me monitor the kids at home while I'm at the office. I'm so relieved since I really need somebody whom I can really rely on to watch Dya as she's just recovered from yesterday's food poisoning. Poor Dya, I should have taken a day off today to take care of her! As if I have lots of things to do in the office today,DUH!... My boss is not around, I don't exactly know what's the status of my work since the person who's in charge on my behalf while I was on maternity leave is attending a meeting right now, and this morning I can neither login my computer nor access the internet. I'm quite lucky on the latter part though, the IT support finally managed to rectify the problem and at least now I have something to do to kill my time in the office. I called my mom this afternoon to ask how're the kids doing and she told me that Dya's getting better, but Amsyhar's quite cranky and moody. I did leave Amsyhar at home a few times before this, and my maid always told me that he always got cranky whenever I wasn't around. Mama's little boy.. Now I can't wait to go home; to my Dya and Amsyhar. Don't want to leave them alone at home for too long! Hmmm.. Suddenly I feel like the clock's ticking too slow...:-/

No comments: